Skip to main content

Carrington’s Lock

  • The lock was built in approximately 1810
  • Volunteers from Waterway Recovery Group Forestry Team removed the trees which were completely concealing the lock in October 2016
  • Since the initial clearance our volunteers have continued to uncover remains of the lock
  • The tail end of the lock was lost in 1973 when pipes for the new pumping station by Bridge 70 were laid through it.