Skip to main content

Bridge 70

This is the only complete original bridge on the Uttoxeter Canal

  • The bridge was built around 1810
  • Volunteers restored the bridge, which was at risk of collapse, between 2012 and 2016. It is now owned by Caldon & Uttoxeter Canals Trust
  • The wooden rubbing post attached to the bridge is original and was put there to protect the bridge from damage caused by the towing ropes of horse-drawn narrow boats
  • It was last used by canal boats in January 1849